Looking for... This?

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story-8.8/10

R- For basically everything possible. Except violence.

This hilarious spoof of 'Walk the Line' is about Dewey (John C. Reily) and how he becomes a famous singer. The movie is filled with recognizable faces. The Office fans will recognize the actors who play Andy, Pam, and Daryll. It, to me, was a very funny movie, making fun not only of Walk the Line, but of all those stupid songs and people. At one point in the movie he's singing about utter nonsense (mouse with the overbite stares at the moon) and a guy asks "what's that even mean?" and another replies, while crying, "that's deep stuff man". Oh, and remember that kid that had a popular TV show, made maybe one popular movie, and then kinda just died off? I think his name was Frankie Munez, he plays Buddy Holly in this. So basically I'd recommend this to any comedy fans who aren't afraid of the extreme R rating, but more directly, fans of Step Brothers and that kind of humor will enjoy this deeply.

"Get outta here Dewey, you don't want no part of this!"
"And you not once payed for drugs... Not once."

2 comments:

  1. I remember Frankie! He made more than one popular movie...but I did always wonder what happened to him! I should IMDB him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personaly, I don't really like Reily, or Will Ferrell for that matter, but this was a fairly funny movie. Especialy the drug parts. although, that last part of the party wasn't so good. Yeah, I think you know what I mean. *Shutter*

    ReplyDelete