Looking for... This?

Monday, November 23, 2009

Star Trek-7.3/10

PG-13 - violence, light language

Let's say I really liked a show called "Billy Bob" as a kid. Naturally, when they make "Billy Bob" into a full feature film, I would want to see it, and may even say it was good even if it wasn't. That's the problem with movies such as this, and if you think about it, the same
principle could be used toward Obama... But anyways! Chris Pine (Smokin Aces) plays James Kirk, a naughty little boy who drives fancy cars over cliffs and says stupid lines like "Is there a problem officer?" afterwards. You know the kind. But as he grows up, he attempts to live up to his fathers heroic reputaion. This movie has to do with time traveling, and as anyone who's ever seen a serious time traveling movie, you know how complicated and confusing it can be. Besides that, the storyline is half decent, a bit cliche if anything. The acting is decent, Karl Urban (The Bourne Supremacy, The Chronicles of Riddick) plays Bones, Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) plays Scott, John
Cho (Harold and Kumar) is the Liutenant, and the kid from Terminator:Salvation is in this too. Now, as I was explaining in the first line, this movie was heavily overrated due to everyone being a freaking Star Trek nerd. I've never been a fan. I'd recommend this movie to fans of scifi movies, and all that kind of stuff.

1 comment:

  1. :O This was an AWESOME movie! I'd say like...9.5! That has nothing to do with the fact that Chris Pine is freakin HOT or that I have a Star Trek shirt at ALL. I thought it was fantastic! Way sad beginning,funny, yet intense, great special effets and stuff.... I looooooved it!

    ReplyDelete