Looking for... This?

Monday, December 7, 2009

Crank: High Voltage-7.2/10

R- this is like an LA movie, so there's all that nudity and profanity and blood

Jason Statham stars as Chev Chelios in the sequel to Crank! Now I gotta say, I was psyched to see this movie. At the time I REALLY liked Crank, so the sequel, for me, was a must see! And see it I did. Chev Chelios returns with his invincible heart! Let me rephrase that. Chev Chelios returns, and he's missing his heart! That's right. Them darn Asians gone and stole his heart! So he's goin to get it! If you recall in the first Crank, Chev had to keep his adrenaline going to keep him alive. In this one, he must keep himself electrified to keep his electric heart going. Loads of fun right? This movie is good but it seems the Crank people thought long drawn out randomness is funny. Which it can be, but not as extreme as this I'm afraid. It had loads of potential but it's overdone randomness didn't work out. All the main actors from the first Crank return... In one way or another... Even though this movie wasn't great, I still hope for a sequel. Fans of Crank will like this, and such as movies like that.

1 comment:

  1. These movies just sound.... really....what's the word? Pointless? Inane? Boring? I just...it's not my type I guess....

    ReplyDelete