Looking for... This?

Monday, February 1, 2010

Princess Mononoke-8.6/10

PG-13 -It's animated, guys, how bad can it be? A couple not too bloody severed limbs, and some other bloody scenes.

Me and anime go waay back. At one point I was borderline obessesed with it. But no longer. I have severed my ties and only for legitmately good material is my interest revived. Such as in this Miyazaki animation, Princess Mononoke. This movie is about this small village warrior who becomes cursed after an encounter with a raging demon. He doesn't very much like the idea of ebing cursed and sets off on a quest to remove it, becoming much more involved in a greater issue. It is a good movie. the dubbing is decent and the animation is quite nice. Keep in mind this includes little elements that would make only die hard anime fans enjoy it. I in fact know several non-anime fans who enjoy this movie. But in the long run, fans of Miyazaki, and adventure movies 'n all that good stuff will enjoy this. If you are, like I have been, a complete anti anime kind of guy, watch this. Miyazaki makes anime look good.

1 comment:

  1. This is like one of the only Miyazaki movies I haven't seen! I'll totally have to watch it. Soon. He's amazing.:)

    ReplyDelete