Looking for... This?

Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Host-7.6/10

R-F bomb dropped in the subtitles. and violence. the scifi kind.

Always nice taking a look into what other countries like. This Korean 2006 film is the... top movie? I dunno, it's a popular movie over in South Korea. Maybe in North Korea too. Nevermind. Probably not. Anyways. The Host (I heard from a somewhat reliable source that the korean translates more into The Monster) is about a big bad monster attacking Korea and whatnot. This is a pretty good movie, even though I had to read subtitles, it wasn't bad, the graphics were alright, and the storyline was solid enough, it even had some comedy in their. This movie kind of reminded me of Cloverfield, but I would definitely rank this above that, oh and don't worry, it's not a Cloverfield type camera angle. So long story short, I would recommend this to Cloverfield fans, or just monsters atatcking cities in general. Resident Evil fans will also like this, similar quarantine type stuff happening, all and all this is like Cloverfield meets Resident Evil. So enjoy. Oh, and I'm not even gonna bother adding the name of the cast in the tags. Maybe someday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to wonder why I read this blog. I'm never going to watch 7/8 of these movies.... :p

    ReplyDelete